With funding from the Victorian Government, the Emergency Services Foundation is hosting a program of Mental Health Matters workshops for volunteers across the state.
The workshops are free and have been designed especially for emergency service / management volunteers with an interest in supporting the wellbeing of colleagues as well as looking after themselves.
Participants will leave the workshops:
- knowing the how leaders [formal and informal] can support the mental health and wellbeing of a team
- able to recognise factors which contribute to stress in a workplace
- able to recognise early indicators of distress in themselves
- able to recognise early indicators of distress in colleagues
- confident in being able to start conversations about mental health and wellbeing with colleagues
- knowing where to access mental health support and resources
Workshops have been hosted in Ballarat, Mt Macedon, Bendigo, Horsham, Wodonga, Seymour, Warrnambool, Geelong, Mooroolbark and Cranbourne.
There are four more workshops scheduled:
- Kerang 5 August | Evening
- Melbourne 14 August | Afternoon
- Bairnsdale Saturday 28 August | Afternoon
- Traralgon Sunday 29 August | Morning