The report highlights IGEM activities including:
- examination of the implementation of ongoing recommendations and actions from the:
- 2009 Victorian Bushfires Royal Commission
- 2013–14 Fire Season Compliance Report
- independent investigation of the Lancefield–Cobaw 2015 fire
- 2014 and 2015–16 Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry reports
- delivery of its first interim and annual progress report on the state’s implementation of the Victorian Emergency Management Strategic Action Plan 2015–18
- review of the initial response to the 2015 Wye River–Jamieson Track Fire
- conduct of system-wide reviews based on its 2015 and 2016 Annual Forward Plan of Reviews
- monitoring the non-financial performance of the ESTA, the Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority.
The department tabled its 2015–16 annual report in parliament on 27 October 2016.