Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry
This final Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry progress report concludes our responsibility to monitor the progress of the implementation of recommendations and affirmations from the 2014 and 2015–16 Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry reports .
It summarises implementation progress (to July 2022) of the five Victorian Government actions and one recommendation directed to the Latrobe Valley coal mine operators that were reported as 'in progress’ in our Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry: Implementation of recommendations and affirmations – Progress Report 2021.
In summary all:
- 246 actions set out in the Victorian Government Implementation Plan are now either closed or complete
- 14 recommendations and affirmations directed to health agencies are complete
- 26 recommendations and affirmations directed to coal mine operators are either closed or complete.
This is our fifth progress report on the Victorian Government's implementation of commitments in response to the 2016 Inquiry into the CFA Training College at Fiskville .
The report details activity by lead departments and agencies to implement the five commitments that remained in progress as of August 2021. It focuses on the period August 2021 to July 2022 and provides information on key developments since then.
We found that two of those five commitments are now complete and that the other three remain in progress.
Significant milestones since our last report include:
- the 2021 opening of CFA's new Central Highlands training centre
- the announcement of the Fiskville Redress Scheme .