The Annual Assurance Summary provides government with a high-level overview of assurance activities undertaken in 2018-19 and serves as a record of progress achieved by the emergency management sector.
In 2018–19, the Victorian community was affected by a range of emergency events. Some of the events of note were the:
- West Footscray industrial fire (August 2018)
- Bourke Street incident (November 2018)
- Statewide storm event (December 2018)
- Statewide heatwaves (December and January 2019)
- Gippsland bushfires (March to April 2019)
- Blue-green algae (various locations statewide since March 2019)
- Campbellfield factory fire (April 2019).
IGEM’s fourth annual Summary also reflects another year of progress by the sector in implementing the State’s reform agenda.
The Summary does not make any recommendations or create any additional layers of reporting for sector organisations.
IGEM prepares the annual Summary in accordance with the principles outlined in the Assurance Framework for Emergency Management
The Annual Assurance Summary 2018-19 was published on 31 July 2019.