Victoria's restriction levels - key points
- Restrictions are changing to slow the spread of coronavirus in Victoria.
- Stage 4 restrictions are in place from 6pm on Sunday 2 August for metropolitan Melbourne
- Stage 3 restrictions will be in place from 11:59pm on Wednesday 5 August for Regional Victoria, including Mitchell Shire
- Everyone must wear a mask when they leave home, unless an exception applies. This is enforceable across regional Victoria from 11:59pm on Sunday 2 August
What you can do
Check our information and advice about current restriction levels in place in the restricted postcodes and elsewhere throughout Victoria.
Victoria is stepping up coronavirus (COVID-19) testing to help find and isolate cases quickly.
If you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), however mild, you should seek advice and get tested. Symptoms include:
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- runny nose
- loss of sense of smell or taste
More coronavirus (COVID-19) testing helps track the spread of the virus. The more info we have, the greater insight we have into how the virus might be spreading.
Get tested today, even if you have mild symptoms.
Find where you can get tested: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/getting-tested-coronavirus-covid-19
If you have a coronavirus (COVID-19) question and need a translator: first call 131 450, then request the government's dcoronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398.
COVID-19 translated information for people from all backgrounds, health professionals and industry.
Information includes factsheets and promotional materials and is available from dhhs.vic.gov.au/translated-resources
Staying apart keeps us together. Find out more at coronavirus.vic.gov.au
If you suspect you may have the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) call the dedicated
hotline 1800 675 398 – open 24 hours, 7 days.
Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.