Policing is a challenging and often dangerous occupation.
Blue Ribbon Day – September 29 - is a chance for Victorians to say thank you to those who put themselves in harm’s way, and ensure that those who have fallen are not forgotten.
It is also important that police members and those in non-operational support roles know that their work in serving and protecting our communities is appreciated by their emergency management partners.
Watch the video to hear messages from:
- Tony Pearce - Inspector-General for Emergency Management
- Greg Leach –Acting Chief Officer / CEO, Metropolitan Fire and Emergency Services Board
- Tim Wiebusch ESM – Chief Officer Operations, Victoria State Emergency Service
- Chris Hardman – Chief Fire Officer, Forest Fire Management Victoria
- Tony Walker ASM – Chief Executive Officer, Ambulance Victoria
- Steve Warrington – Chief Executive Officer, Country Fire Authority
- Andrew Crisp APM – Emergency Management Commissioner
To get involved and support this campaign visit www.remember.org.au