On Sunday 17 November, Inspector-General for Emergency Management Tony Pearce joined colleagues from:
- Ambulance Victoria
- Australian Volunteer Coast Guard
- Country Fire Authority
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Forest Fire Management Victoria
- Metropolitan Fire Brigade
- Victoria Police
- Victoria State Emergency Service
to be among more than 1100 walkers and climbers conquering the 2019 Eureka Stair Climb
The annual event raises funds for the Fred Hollows Foundation, an organisation committed to keeping alive Fred Hollows' dream of ending avoidable blindness by restoring sight to people in more than 25 countries around the world.
Congratulations to Tony and all for making the climb – all 1642 stairs to level 88 - and contributing to more than $256,000 raised for the Foundation.
Keep in touch by following Tony on Twitter @The_IGEM