Rotary is seeking nominations for emergency management personnel making a significant difference in their communities.
The Rotary Emergency Services Community Awards recognise people from our emergency management community who exemplify the motto of 'Service Above Self'.
This means someone who is making or has made a difference in their community beyond what is expected from their volunteer or paid role.
These are community-nominated Awards , and based on the reputation of the personnel from their local communities' viewpoint.
Anyone or any organisation can make a nomination up to 30 June 2023.
Based on the information provided, nominees will be independently judged by Rotarians on their:
- community service over and above the call of normal duties that best exemplifies 'Service Above Self '
- personal attributes
- contribution to their organisation
Up to 26 finalists will be selected for two major categories
- Rotary Victoria Emergency Service Officer of the Year Serving in a Volunteer capacity
- Rotary Victoria Emergency Service Officer of the Year Serving in a Paid capacity
Nominations can be made for people with agencies including:
- Ambulance Victoria
- Australian Red Cross
- Country Fire Authority
- Emergency Management Victoria
- Emergency Recovery Victoria
- ESTA 000
- Fire Rescue Victoria
- Forest Fire Management Victoria
- Life Saving Victoria
- Marine Search and Rescue
- St John Ambulance
- Victoria Police
- Victoria State Emergency Service
- Victorian Council of Churches – Emergencies Ministry
Information on Rotary, its work and these awards are available from vic.rescawards.org.au