Disposable face masks and surgical masks are not recyclable
Once used, put them in the rubbish bin.
- Cut the ear loops with scissors before putting in the rubbish bin to prevent entangling our precious wildlife.
- If you or someone from your household may have coronavirus (COVID-19), put disposable items in a sealed plastic or paper bag, and then in your bin.
- Any recyclables that may have been used by someone with coronavirus (COVID-19) need to go in the rubbish bin as well.
- Wash your hands straight after handling any items that may have been contaminated.
- Also wash your hands after touching your rubbish bin.
Waste PPE must not be recycled or placed in your green waste bin.
Find out more by reading EPA’s advice for safely disposing of waste