Volunteers are the lifeblood our communities.
National Volunteer Week 17 - 23 May is a special time to thank and celebrate Victoria's 100,000-plus volunteers who help communities and deliver emergency management services each and every day.
Victoria's emergency management organisations are defined in the State Emergency Management Plan (External link)
The wide range of organisations include:
- Australian Red Cross (External link)
- Country Fire Authority (External link)
- Foodbank Victoria (External link)
- Life Saving Victoria (External link)
- St John Ambulance (External link)
- Victoria State Emergency Service (External link)
- Victorian Council of Churches Emergencies Ministry (External link)
- Volunteer Marine Search and Rescue (External link)
Want to get involved?
When times are tough, people want to help their neighbours.
In addition to many volunteering opportunities with Victoria's emergency management organisations, weVolunteer is a Volunteering Victoria (External link) initiative designed to bring together volunteers and local community organisations to help communities recover in times of need.
weVolunteer (External link) is delivered by Volunteering Victoria and funded by the Victorian Government and delivered with technology partner, MyPass to help mobilise volunteers to assist with community recovery following the impact of COVID-19 pandemic and other emergencies.