With funding from the Victorian Government, the Emergency Services Foundation (External link) is hosting a program of Mental Health Matters workshops for volunteers in 17 locations across the state.
The workshops are free and have been designed especially for emergency service / management volunteers with an interest in supporting the wellbeing of colleagues as well as looking after themselves.
Participants will leave the workshops:
- knowing the how leaders [formal and informal] can support the mental health and wellbeing of a team
- able to recognise factors which contribute to stress in a workplace
- able to recognise early indicators of distress in themselves
- able to recognise early indicators of distress in colleagues
- confident in being able to start conversations about mental health and wellbeing with colleagues
- knowing where to access mental health support and resources
Facilitated by OzHelp (External link) the workshops will be all-day events
Workshops are being held in 17 locations across Victoria.
Clicking on a date and location from the list below will take you to its registration page.
- Sat 17 April Ballarat (External link)
- Sun 18 April Mt Macedon (External link)
- Sat 1 May Bendigo (External link)
- Sun 2 May Horsham (External link)
- Sat 8 May Wodonga (External link)
- Sun 9 May Seymour (External link)
- Sat 15 May Warrnambool (External link)
- Sun 16 May Geelong (External link)
- Sat 22 May Mooroolbark (External link)
- Sun 23 May Cranbourne (External link)
- Sat 29 May Bairnsdale (External link)
- Sun 30 May Traralgon (External link)