The Gender Justice in Disaster: Inspiring Action Conference is coming in May 2021.
This online conference will bring a gender lens to critical issues of contemporary emergency management practice and topics including sustainable Aboriginal land management, climate change activism, discrimination against LGBTIQA+ people, the representation of women in leadership, and violence against women.
Participants will hear from more than 30 researchers such as Gender and Disaster Pod , policy makers - including the Inspector-General - and people with lived experience from across Australia, New Zealand, and beyond.
About the program
The extensive and exciting conference will be held from 6 - 27 May on Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings in 90 minute sessions via zoom.
- Asks contemporary and compelling questions of decision-makers and people affected by emergencies
- Places gender justice at the centre of emergency management’s response to the most pressing current and emerging environmental and social challenges
- Provokes, challenge and stimulate individuals, communities, and organisations to change and incorporate gender justice in their emergency planning and response
- Gives voice to the lived experience of disasters
- Connects with others’ work in both gender and disaster/emergency management, in Australia and overseas
- Promotes the GAD Pod’s resources as tools to progress gender justice in emergency and disaster management
- Delivers legacy documents as a valuable resource for future actions
Full details on the program and registration are available the website https://www.genderanddisaster.com.au/info-hub/conferences-events/gender-justice-in-disaster/