The report highlights a new era of assurance of emergency management with:
- commencement of the Emergency Management Act 2013 and associated reforms
- appointment of Victoria's first Inspector-General for Emergency Management
- development of the Monitoring and Assurance Framework for Emergency Management
- review of the performance targets for bushfire fuel management on public land
- implementation monitoring of recommendations from the Victorian Bushfires Royal Commission and the 2013-14 Fire Season Compliance Report
- monitoring emergency call-taking performance.
The department tabled its 2014-15 annual report in parliament on 10 November 2015.
Read the Department of Justice and Regulation - Annual Report 2014-15 (External link).