Inspector-General for Emergency Management:
Phone 03 8684 7900
Fax 03 8684 7956
GPO Box 4356
Melbourne VIC 3001
121 Exhibition Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
In an emergency:
Triple Zero (000) should be called when police, fire or ambulance attendance is needed in a life-threatening or time critical situation.
Be prepared to describe your location as accurately as possible. Your mobile phone only shows call-takers your billing address, not your current GPS location.
If you see smoke, check the planned burns map before calling Triple Zero (000).
Flood, Storm, Tsunami and Earthquake Emergency
Call 132 500 from anywhere in Victoria for flood, storm, tsunami and earthquake emergency.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, contact emergency numbers using the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 106 then ask for either Triple Zero (000) or 132 500
- Speak and Listen users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for either Triple Zero (000) or 132 500
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for either Triple Zero (000) or 132 500
Victoria's website for incident information and warnings.
Call to get information during significant bushfire incidents and find out about community meetings, relief and recovery centres, preparing for bushfire risk, total fire bans and fire restrictions. You can also find out whether or not a planned burn is in progress.
A website for deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing people, in Auslan and in written English to help with:
- understanding how to watch and act so you can take responsibility for your own safety
- learning how to prepare, respond and recover from natural hazard events in your area
- understanding how emergency services work together